Share Savings Account
We help you save the most money!
Whether you are looking to open your first account in the U.S. or have a competitive savings account to help you achieve your financial goals, IDB Global Federal Credit Union can help you!
6 REASONS TO OPEN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT WITH US
1. It grants you access to our other competitive products which are catered specifically for members of the IDB community, such as:
- Loans that can help you build credit in the US or finance other projects or goals
- We speak your language, whether you speak Spanish or English
- High-yield long-term deposit accounts with very competitive rates
2. We are close to you:
- If you are headquartered in Washington D.C. we are conveniently located on the first floor of the IDB Building making it easy for you to do your banking.
- If you reside outside the DMV area or even overseas, our online banking tools and 24/7 call center got you covered so you feel as close as if you lived in in DC
3. You get access to great-added benefits offered completely free or at a discounted rate! Some of these services include:
- Identity theft protection programs that can help you deter threats or cover you during an incident
- A personal financial management tool, that will help you keep you keep track of your budget and your financial goals
- A Real Estate counseling program that provides both counseling and cash rebates
- Car buying services to help you get a good deal on your new car
- Educational Seminars on topics such as taxes, investments, real estate, and other financial related topics
- Automatic payroll distributions to other financial institution accounts you may have, such as your checking, savings, or loan account, if you choose to have your employer make a direct deposit of your paycheck to this account
- Notary publics
- And much more!
4. Immediate funds availability of up to $2,500 when you deposit local checks
5. No charges on incoming wire transfers
6. Member accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)*
*Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government agency.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT?
Opening an account is simple! You can visit our branch or open an account online.
- Proof of Domestic and/or International Addresses: a lease agreement, last account statement or last utility bill with your full name and address.
- A government issued ID: a clear photocopy of each applicant’s Passport (with Photo), Driver’s License or State issued ID
- Copy of your contract, if you are an IDB or IDB Invest employee
- Initial deposit of $50, which is the minimum balance required