Be more than a customer, be a member and owner
A credit union is a cooperative financial institution owned and controlled by its members. As a non-profit organization, our purpose is to serve you, our member. Not for profit, not for charity, but for service is a credit union motto
4 reasons to Become a Member
- Have a voice in how your financial institution is operated
- Experience the highest level of PERSONAL SERVICE combined with expert advice
- Invest in a local organization that is committed to YOUR community
- As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, we’re able to offer rates that are generally lower than those of for-profit financial institutions. We’re also able to pay higher dividends on deposits and charge lower fees.
IDB Global Federal Credit Union proudly serves the IDB community. To qualify for membership, you must be:
- An employee of the IDB or IDB Invest;
- An immediate family member of an IDB or IDB Invest employee*;
- A consultant of the IDB or IDB Invest with a contract of at least 6 months;
- An Executive Director or Alternate Director of the IDB or IDB Invest;
- An intern of the IDB or IDB Invest;
- A retiree from the IDB or IDB Invest;
- An immediate family member of a Credit Union member.
*Your family can also enjoy the benefits of Credit Union membership. Our membership is extended to members of the immediate family or household of a current IDB Global FCU member. An immediate family member is defined as a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent or grandchild of a current member. We offer membership to those individuals whether or not the family member lives in the same residence. A household member includes individuals living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit.