As novel coronavirus (COVID-19) diagnoses continue to increase around the world, we want to reinforce our continued commitment to your financial wellness, while providing a safe environment for our employees and members.
Updated on May 26, 2020
ACCOMMODATIONS TO FACILITATE YOUR BANKING EXPERIENCE
As we encourage our community to self-quarantine and stay home to avoid posing a risk to themselves and to others, we have taken certain measures to facilitate your banking experience. Having your convenience in mind in this time of uncertainty, these are the accommodations we have made:
- The daily withdrawal limit on ATMs has been temporarily increased from $500 to $1,000 so that members do not have to withdrawal often.
- The limit for electronic transactions from a Savings Account imposed by Regulation D has been temporarily waived. Electronic transactions that exceed the six (6) transaction limit in a calendar month will not be automatically rejected or processed with a fee.
- The International Transaction Fee on your IDB Global FCU Debit Card has been permanently waived. Members are no longer charged a 0.9% fee for using their debit card outside of the U.S.
- Wire fees have been permanently reduced. Now, domestic wires are only $20 per wire and international wires are only $28 per wire.
- The International Transaction Fee and the Annual Fee on your IDB Global FCU Credit Cards have been permanently waived. Members are no longer charged a 1.0% fee for using their credit cards outside of the U.S., neither a $12 Annual Fee for Visa Classic or a $19 Annual Fee for Visa Platinum.
- A new product has been developed to offer you a great investment opportunity: our new Prime Share Certificate is a low risk, no commitment way to grow your money in just 13 months at a high yield rate. There is no penalty for early withdrawal. Learn more and take advantage of this limited time offer.
Since Monday, March 16, 2020, access to the IDB Headquarters building has been restricted due to the spread of the novel coronavirus around the world. Therefore, we are not able to access our physical branch location until further notice.
While our physical branch is inaccessible, IDB Global FCU is making every effort to continue operating normally during the COVID-19 mitigation process that we are all experiencing.
See below a few Frequently Asked Questions that can help clarify some changes made recently to ensure your banking experience is not disrupted.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Credit Union open?
The Credit Union is OPEN through virtual channels and ATM networks, and our staff is working remotely to continue serving you during this period.
2. How can I contact Credit Union staff while the physical branch location is inaccessible?
3. How can I access my funds?
Tools and resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access are available through our mobile, online and call center services. If you are not yet enrolled in Online Banking, click here to enroll.
4. Are my funds ensured?
Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
5. Will my mortgage and loan payments be affected?
Mortgage and loan payments will not be affected. All automatic payments will be processed as scheduled and manual payments can be made via Online Banking.
6. Will direct deposit and bill payment be affected?
Automatic direct deposit and bill payments will not be affected. All automatic deposits and payments will be processed as scheduled.
7. How can I have access to cash?
IDB Global Federal Credit Union extends our members access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs across the U.S. and Canada. Please follow federal or local authorities’ advice and only use an ATM if strictly necessary.
At this time, we strongly recommend and encourage our members to leverage all of the available tools and resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access through our mobile, online and call center services:
1. Use our Online Banking platform: Check account balances, manage your mortgage, transfer funds to internal and external accounts, request domestic and international wires, pay and manage bills, review your monthly account statements, order personal checks, view check images, update your contact information, request a travel notification for your debit card, apply for new account or debit card, apply for a loan or check the status of a loan application, request stop payments on personal and cashier checks, access Money Management, obtain secure email support and set up alerts.
Not an Online Banking user yet? If you haven’t enrolled to Online Banking, please complete this form with the information we have on file to get started.
2. Use our Mobile Banking app: Check account balances, transfer funds to internal and external accounts, review your monthly account statements, deposit checks, order personal checks, view check images, apply for a new account, apply for a loan and view your loan balances, access Money Management, search for free ATMs, and set notifications of withdrawals, deposits, payments and balances.
3. Access your Online Visa Account: Check credit card account balances, make payments and review your monthly account statements.
4. Use our Mortgage Center: Apply for a mortgage, check the status of a mortgage loan application, refinance a current loan, review standards and regulations, use mortgage tools and resources and contact our lending specialists.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak situation closely, and as conditions evolve, we will evaluate additional measures to support our members and the community.
As we navigate the challenges ahead, know that we will always strive to keep you informed as quickly as possible. We are prepared to push through these challenges with you, with the safety of every member of our Credit Union family at the forefront of every decision we make.
Thank you for your understanding and your trust.
Other Resources and Previous Member Communications
March 13, 2020 - COVID-19 Update: Credit Union Status During Mandatory Telework
March 17, 2020 - COVID-19 Update: Credit Union Services